The Kinley Family

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life is good!

So no pics this time, just an update. I cannot say enough how truly blessed I feel to have such an amazing husband and father. Dusty is working so hard to take care of us and I am so proud I get to be his wife. Kennedy absolutely adores her da da. I try to get her to repeat ma ma, but she insistently says da da each time. It is pretty funny. She has started babbling a lot more and repeating things I say. She has now mastered the "uh oh" and knows what a monkey, dog, and duck say. Her favorite is the duck. She is such a big helper to her mama. She puts away her toys, helps unload the dishwasher and brings things to us when asked. She plays really well with others too. I have never seen her hit another kid, so that is a bonus! She is a gentle soul and hopefully will be that way with her little brother.

On a side note...the scariest thing happened last night (pretty funny now that I think of it), but a prankster left a burning pile of dog poop on our doorstep, rang the doorbell and ran off. It is comical that someone would find this to be hilarious, but freaked me out that someone was pounding on both the front door, then the back door, and ringing the doorbell at almost midnight. I didn't know what was going on, thinking someone was trying to break in or something until I woke Dusty up and he proceeded to open the door and see the smoldering smelly pile of crap (literally)! Anyways, I couldn't fall asleep until about 3 because I wondered if these kids would return and retaliate because Dusty thought it would be wise to chase after their car with a bat! I think it might be wise if he stays inside next time! I know he saw the terror on my face when all this happened and was just trying to protect us. Thank God I have no wussy for a husband! I bet they won't mess with him in the future!

After a long and interesting night, life has settled back down. I am now 35 weeks prego and just tonight started to feel a little uncomfortable. For the most part, I am loving this pregnancy and feel great. I don't think I enjoyed being pregnant the first time around, but this time I know what to expect and have truly loved my growing belly. I still feel pretty small and literally look like I have a basketball tucked under my shirt. I keep wondering if maybe I can push back the date and keep him in my belly a little longer. I still have 3 weeks to go, so I shouldn't jinx myself. I just hope these last few weeks are as enjoyable as the ones before it! Life is good!

1 Comments:

Blogger Janiel said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you have a blog.
I'm so excited to see what new with you and your family. I'm excited for your new little boy.

June 12, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home