The Kinley Family

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our newest addition--Tyce Donavon Kinley!

I cannot believe I am actually blogging while sitting up in my hospital bed! I will be posting pictures soon but thought I would give an update on our little one! Tyce Donavon Kinley arrived via planned csection on June 29th at 8:31 a.m. He weighed in at a whopping 6 lbs 13 ounces and measured 19 3/4 inches long. I would have to say this time around was completely different than my last csection. We showed up at 6 in the morning and had a baby about 2 hours later...no pushing involved! It was crazy! I will have to say that the biggest let down was that Tyce had to spend most of his first day in the NICU because he had fluid in his lungs and had a little trouble breathing. It was so weird to not even hold him once he was born. We saw him for only a couple of minutes and off he went. I kept saying that the first day it felt as though I didn't even have a kid because he was nowhere in sight. At around 5 that afternoon he was able to return to us though and is doing great. He is such a little guy even though Kennedy was a few ounces smaller than him! I see some resemblances to Kennedy for sure, but some people have commented that he looks a little more like me than Kennedy did at birth.

I have to say that this time, the csection has been a little more painful than last time. I hope people can read this and get an update because I haven't been up to calling people and chatting with them like I did with Kennedy. It is getting better though and I am so anxious to head home tomorrow and see Kennedy. We wonder what she is going to think of her new little brother! We are so excited to be a family of 4 and have our new little guy with us! Pictures will be coming soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Congratulations Andrea! I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!

June 30, 2009 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Tishelle Ward said...

Congratulations!!!

July 1, 2009 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Janiel said...

Yeah! Congrats I'm so excited to see pictures :)

July 1, 2009 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

congratulations!! can't wait to see pics of baby Tyce!

July 2, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home