The Kinley Family

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Back to the hospital

Sorry it has been awhile since my last post, but life has been super busy with a newborn and toddler! Life has definitely been crazy lately. So for those of you that need an update, Tyce is still in the hospital and has been since this past Monday. I will try to give the best update although I must admit that I am exhausted and a little delirious at this point.

So we are back in the hospital...again! I am having de ja vu since we were just here 4 weeks ago to the date! Monday morning I noticed that Tyce felt hot, called the doc because he had a temp of 103 and they told us to go straight to the ER. What? I forgot that when it comes to a newborn, temps are taken very seriously and little ones can get really sick really fast. So, with my el camino aka double stroller, I towed Kennedy along and ended up in the ER for a couple hours with both kids on one of the most beautiful days all summer long! After getting Kennedy situated with family, Taylor and my mom have watched her (thankfully, and I don't know what we would do without them!), Tyce got checked in and has been up and down now for a couple days. They did a spinal tap and ran a bunch of lab tests to determine whether he had a viral infection or a bacterial infection. Obviously, a fever shows there is something wrong and they wanted to start treating him with antibiotics while they waited for the bacterial tests to come back which takes up to 48 hours. Well, as you can probably count, 48 hours is up and he is STILL here in the hospital! Every test came back negative so that is good. It looks like it is a viral infection but we are still waiting. The greatest bonus is that on the hottest day ever, we got to relax in an air conditioned room! At least he is able to lounge in what I call his baby king size crib. It is high tech, let me tell you. And then there is my luxury bed that has this plastic that feels so great when it sticks to my legs. I also am able to get a tan through the window at 5 in the morning when it blinds straight into Tyce's room! It is great! The sounds of the constant music (aka beeping from the monitors) and visitors every 10 minutes (aka doctors) make me feel like I am about to lose my mind. I swear it feels like I am in a Grey's anatomy episode with all these interns making the rounds and looking over Tyce. So, to make things short after this long blog, Tyce's red and white cell counts are low and they want to see them go up before releasing him. His temp is still up and down as well and his breathing is somewhat erratic at times. They call it his oxygen saturation. All these terms, all these things I am trying to remember. All I know is that this little man has caused me more stress in 4 weeks than I have had in years! He better have this out of his system soon because if this is a sign of stress that is to come in his later years, I will have to seriously invest in some heavy duty hair dye to bleach all my future gray hairs! Please keep Tyce in your prayers! Sorry if I haven't returned many calls. I am just exhausted and trying to keep it together through everything! Hopefully this helps let everyone know how Tyce is doing!


Blogger Klaas and Janiel said...

Oh wow- I had no idea. I hope things go well. Keep us posted. Let me know if you need anything...babysitter, dinner or a coffee break :)

July 30, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home